The Alpine Information Governance Starter Pack is designed to help clients assess current governance maturity, define organizational data requirements, assess current governance challenges and obstacles and develop a sustainable information governance strategy.
Why a Starter Pack?
Alpine’s Information Governance Starter Pack is a cost effective method to jump start or enhance Information Governance Initiatives. The Starter Pack integrates core tools and services customized to your organizations needs to ensure the immediate benefits of delivery of trusted information. Additionally, the Starter Pack establishes a foundation for strategic data governance initiatives.
Benefits of Information Governance
Information governance allows control of valuable data and assists in making more effective use of information assets. Increasing corporate data as a valuable and manageable organizational asset is one of the main business benefits of a Information governance initiative. Most enterprises carefully manage other assets (financial, physical and human) but overlook the immense value inherent in their data. Other business benefits include a reduction in data redundancy, improved business decisions due to accurate data from the recognized source of record, shorter time to compile data for business decision-making as well as increased user trust in data stored within the organization’s databases. IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary and Business Glossary Anywhere provide these benefits:
- Stronger information governance: Users can take ownership of business metadata by importing terms from external sources, authoring and editing terms in the web interface, classifying terms into categories, and relating terms to more technical.
- Accountability and responsibility can be assigned, supporting enterprise information governance and Electronically Stored Information (ESI) requirements.
- Improved productivity: Administrators can tailor the tool to the needs of their business users.
- Increased collaboration: Users are able to add annotations to business terms and categories as well so other team members downstream in project cycles have a greater understanding of the context of information.
- Greater trust in information: business users now have immediate, in context access to terms and definitions, facilitating a greater understand of and trust in the information they rely on to make critical business decisions.
The Information Governance Starter Pack
- Complete software/services solution
- Define your information governance objectives & roadmap
- Implement IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary (Build a common business vocabulary)
- Business glossary training
- Information governance best practices / mentoring
Cost and Timeline
- Approximately $75,000—Complete software, services, and training solution
- Three (3) week implementation time
- Information governance roadmap and recommendations provided post implementation
Benefits of the Starter Pack:
- Build a common business vocabulary which is a foundational element of all information governance initiatives
- Rapid implementation; deliver value and build information governance momentum quickly
- Predictable cost, implementation timeline, and benefits