Information Governance is crucial in today’s complex IT environment
When the expectations for IT systems are not met, whether it be in quality of service, security issues or lack of return on investment, the problem can usually be tracked to lack of an effective IT governance structure. Information governance is often driven by compliance requirements, but need not be. Any organization that depends upon a reliable, secure and cost-effective IT infrastructure can benefit from a professional IT governance and data management review.
In a recent survey it was determined that 47% of employees and managers don’t trust the data provided to them. This is data that they use to make critical business decisions. As business continues to be more IT centric, real time, quality, trusted information becomes essential to success.
Companies with proper information governance and data quality procedures and controls are able to derive more value from their information assets. Those lacking governance may experience higher costs, increased risks, and declining customer satisfaction.
An effective data governance and information governance program focuses on creating and maintaining sound business processes behind the data. Alpine makes this process simple, quick, and cost effective with the introduction of a comprehensive data governance solution.
The Alpine Data Governance Starter Pack (DG Starter Pack) enables our clients to assess current governance maturity, define organizational data requirements and assess current governance challenges and obstacles.
We help you to develop a sustainable data governance strategy by:
• Defining your data governance and information governance objectives & roadmap
• Building a common business vocabulary fundamental to all data governance and data quality initiatives
• Implementing your solution quickly, delivering quick time to value and ensuring rapid corporate momentum
• Ensuring and delivering a predictable cost profile and implementation timeline
What is the Alpine Data Governance Starter Pack?
The Alpine Data Governance Starter Pack is a cost effective method to jump start or enhance data governance and data quality initiatives. Built on a proven three step method, the DG Starter Pack integrates core tools and services, which are customized to your organizations needs to ensure the immediate benefits of the delivery of trusted information.
It establishes a foundation for strategic data governance initiatives:
Step 1: Information Governance Maturity Assessment and Data Discovery
Alpine works with your business and technical teams to:
• Understand data governance roles and processes
• Assess organizational priorities
• Assess data quality and architecture within identified strategic initiatives
• Build a comprehensive data governance roadmap and recommendations
Step 2: Information Governance Implementation
Alpine implements the IBM® InfoSphere® Business Glossary toolkit (Business Glossary and Business Glossary Anywhere), including:
• Design and creation of the Glossary content
• Installation and configuration Business Glossary and Business Glossary Anywhere
• Population of the Glossary metadata and content
• Preparation of stewardship assets and responsibilities
Step 3: Best Practices and Mentoring
Alpine builds a foundation for ongoing data governance success through:
• Comprehensive training and enablement of Data Stewards and Business Glossary toolkit users
• Skills transfer of best-in-class data governance best practices
• Review of data governance roadmap
• Ongoing mentoring